This year Oxfam America Unwrapped is giving you a chance to help those in need while giving you a convenient, easy way to find something for every one on your list.
Here’s how it works:
- First, browse their online catalog, and find a gift for a friend or relative.
- Then you’ll receive a free card with the image of your specific gift. You can personalize the card online and have it sent directly to your friend or relative. Or you can have the card delivered to you to write your own message.
- Your donation will go to the people who need it, and where it will have the greatest impact.
Gifts start at $12 and go up to $10,000. Remember, all Oxfam Unwrapped donations are tax deductible and you will get a receipt.
You can have a lot of fun with these, too. For example, if your boss is a total sh*t, you can send him a gift of manure for only $12. (Too bad they don’t dump it on his office chair.) In reality, a gift of organic manure increases crop yields and is cheaper, greener, and safer than chemical fertilizers. It’s another way of telling people that you really “give a $%@#” for the planet.
Here are some other ideas:
- For the bookworm, give a gift of books for kids for $18
- For the jewelry lover, give a gift of beaded jewelry for $18
- For the gardener, give a gift of a grove of "miracle trees", planting of 50 trees or planting a vegetable garden for $30 (each).
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Oxfam America Unwrapped and received a credit for a gift on the Oxfam site.