On Monday, February 9th, you can get a FREE pair of prescription glasses for every pair you buy at EyeBuyDirect.com.
- Great selection – I buy my prescription glasses at a big warehouse store and EyeBuyDirect.com had an even bigger selection. In fact, they carried several of the same fashion designer glasses. The only drawback are their sunglasses – not a big selection. However, you can make any pair of glasses into sunglasses by ordering tinted lenses – prescription or not.
- Amazing prices – For a little over $100 I got a prescription pair of fashion frame glasses (Suzie eyeglasses in honey) with Thin and Lite (1.57), Photochromic (light-adjusting), UV Coating, anti-reflective, and anti-scratch lenses. For the same amount, I usually only get frames and anti-scratch lenses. Also, there’s no shipping charges on orders over $99.
- Easy to order – You may shy away from buying glasses online since you can’t try them on. However, EyeBuyDirect.com has a very cool (and fun) way to try them on virtually – Eyetry. All you do is download a picture of yourself (a straight on picture of your face wearing a pair of glasses works best – see my picture above with my old glasses under the new ones). Then you can load the pair of glasses you want to try on, and adjust the glasses and pictures for size and placement. When you see something you like, you can save it, share it on the site or even put it on your Facebook page.
- Don’t forget your prescription – You’ll need your current eyeglass prescription from your optometrist. The only snag I came across was that I didn’t know my Pupillary Distance and Near PD since it wasn’t written on my prescription. I put in a call to the place where I bought my last pair of eyeglasses and they gave me the numbers over the phone.
- Great customer service – I originally ordered another frame, but they ran out. I was contacted by phone to change my order. I called and changed the order and my glasses were made and mailed out within a week. They were packaged in a small box and the glasses came in an attractive plastic case. I also got a special cleaning cloth and a coupon for 5% off my next order. The only thing I was bummed about was that two of the little rhinestones have already fallen out of my glasses. Then again, that’s happened to all the other glasses I’ve owned with rhinestones – just not so quickly. It’s easy to fix though I may have to cannibalize an old pair. No biggie.
- Goodies for members – It’s free to set up a profile on the site, and a good idea to do so you can save your prescription, favorite frames, and Eyetry attempts. Also, you earn loyalty points when you sign up, make a purchase, or refer a friend. You can either send out an invitation to check out EyeBuyDirect.com to your friends and family via the site. Or you can manually copy and paste a link they provide you. You can use loyalty points to get discounts on purchases.
- Tips and tricks – If you don’t wear a prescription, but want a cool pair of glasses, when ordering enter that you wear glasses for "fashion only" so you don’t have to put in a prescription. This will especially come in handy if you find a cool pair of frames that you want to turn into sunglasses. Also, you may find that your eyeglasses need an adjustment tweak when you get them. Any eyeglass place, especially those at warehouse or discount stores, are happy to tighten or loosen them for you.
EyeBuyDirect.com has been one of the most positive online buying experiences I’ve had in a long time. I’m very pleased with the service and will be recommending them to everyone. Don’t forget to check out their buy one get on free sale on Monday, February 9th.