I’m going to a friend's New Year’s party next week and have been told to “bring family and an appetizer.” So what should I make? How about Ultimate Party Meatballs or Ultimate Baked Brie? Both recipes use a 16-ounce can Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce and a 12-ounce bottle Heinz® Chili Sauce and sound yummy. (They're an excellent way to get rid of that extra can of cranberry sauce, too!)
Many more party recipes are featured on the Ultimate Party Meatballs website. With the Super Bowl coming up, I’ll certainly be using some of these recipes.
Party recipes galore!
So what did I decide to bring to my friend’s New Year’s Party? Since we have a couple of small wheels of brie in the house and I love dried cranberries, the Ultimate Baked Brie of course!
Ultimate Baked Brie
Makes 16 to 20 appetizers
Since I’ll be bringing this dish to a friend’s home, I’ll prepare it ahead of time and bake it there.
- 1 16-ounce can Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 1 12-ounce bottle Heinz® Chili Sauce
- 1/3 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- 2 7 to 8-inch wheels Brie cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds, optional
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Combine cranberry sauce, chili sauce, and sweetened dried cranberries in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until smooth.
- Using warm, sharp knife, cut 1 wheel of cheese in half horizontally. Place bottom half on an oven safe serving plate.
- Spread 1/3 cup cranberry sauce mixture on cheese on plate. Top with remaining half of cheese, pressing lightly. Repeat with remaining wheel of cheese and 1/3 cup cranberry sauce mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is softened.
- Spoon remaining cranberry sauce mixture over cheese. Sprinkle with almonds, if using.
- Serve warm with crackers or bread.