Is it hard for your toddler to settle down for the night? If so, you may want to look at the study by Johnson's and leading sleep expert, Dr. Jodi A. Mindell, Professor of Psychology at Saint Joseph’s University and Associate Director of the Sleep Center at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. They partnered on a toddler sleep study that showed that a three-step, before-bed routine that included Johnson's products with NaturalCalm essences helped toddlers fall asleep easier and sleep through the night better. (Click here to learn more about the study and Johnson's bedtime products.)
Dr. Mindell's advice was to use a three-step before-bed routine for toddlers:
- Give your child a warm bath with Johnson's Bedtime Toddler Wash or their Bedtime Easy-Grip Toddler Sudzing Bar.
- Rub them down with Johnson's Bedtime Lotion.
- Participate in quiet activities such as reading (see Getting sleepy yet? Some night time books for children for some great reading recommendations) or talking about the day. You may want to try some sleepy time snacks, too
I thought I'd try this out on Boo Girl with the product samples that Johnson's PR firm sent me. Last night, I got her into a tub filled with warm water and some Johnson's Bedtime Wash. It makes great bubbles, Boo Girl had fun using the Sudzing Bar, and the products smell great. (Heck, I'd use them in my bath.) Then, I rubbed her down with Aveeno's Soothing Relief Moisture Cream - colloidal oatmeal products are great for her eczema. (Aveeno is a division of Johnson's).
After I got Miss Boo into her pajamas, we got into bed to read a book, and she was asleep in minutes. Mission accomplished!
The Bedtime products meet Johnson's high quality standards of mildness and safety, are allergy-tested, and the cleansers contain the No More Tears formula.
Win $50 of Johnson's Baby Products!
How would you like to try Johnson's Bedtime Toddler Wash or their Bedtime Easy-Grip Toddler Sudzing Bar, plus win a box of Johnson's baby products? (Total retail value about $50.) All you have to do is enter my contest! See the rules on how to enter below.
Don't need baby products? Enter anyway. If you win, I'll donate the goodies in your name to the OUR Center and mail you the receipt. This is a great organization that helps families in need.
How to Enter
- Post about the contest on your blog and link back to this post. You have from today until Thursday, February 28 at midnight MT to do so.
- Come back to A Mama's Rant and post the weblink (the link to the actual post) in the comments section below along with your email and blog address.
- If you don't have a blog, not to worry. Just leave your name and email address in the comment section below by Thursday, February 28 at midnight MT.
- I'll randomly pick the winner and contact them via email for their name and mailing address.
- The winner will be announced on this blog by Monday, March 3. I will send out the box of Johnson's baby products by UPS the week of March 3, and will email you the tracking number.
- Please do not enter this contest if you are unwilling to email me your contact info. I promise NOT to release your private info to the public.
- This contest is open bloggers and readers in the continental U.S. only due to postage costs and previous hassles with customs. I love my Canadian readers. I just don't like your customs department keeping things for a couple of weeks. Sorry!
- If you have any questions, email me.
|Like this post? Subscribe to A Mama's Rant.|